Freitag, 26. Februar 2016

Welcoming events and party || Day 2+3

So I'm back within just a matter of seconds and need to tell you of a really long and stressful day yesterday.
As some might be able to imagine I was still exhausted after the long flight and everything but I hadn't had a jetlag so I was doing pretty much fine.

In the morning I woke up at 8AM to get ready for the welcoming stuff. And actually my friend and I didn't know the exact way so we felt kinda lost at first but actually walking to university is safe - I feel like each and every idiot would manage to find the way, and it's like 5 minutes by walking and so easy to find.

Sadly I hadn't had much time to turn on the tourist mode but I definitely will do that later - it's just kinda crowded there because of the graduation ceremonies taking place today so I'll have to wait a little. But I will show you the one photo I took.



After starting the welcoming event at 10AM there was a lunch break with various things like kimbap, mandu, chicken and various salads. It was really nice to eat with new friends. In the morning I've already met two Canadians, a French, a Swiss and some other Germans and some people whose names and nationalities I probably forgot (I'm so sorry guys!). In total there are 429 students from 221 universities in 38 countries. So yes... we're an international group.

After that we had a campus tour but I still think I'll get lost no matter what I do.. luckily there's a map. Just for the record, I'm not used to having a campus. In Tübingen the whole town is our campus. And now I have one and it's pretty but so much walking is annoying as well - in Tübingen we just go by bus.

Eva and I went home as soon as everything was finished but shortly after that my dear buddy texted me if I could come over again - since it wasn't far Eva and I got changed and went back again to meet a girl from Sweden who missed the events because of a tuberculosis test. So we went to a small, cute café with some of the Korean buddies and got back to university just in time to buy tickets for the party that started at 7PM. But because we had still such a long time left until the party started (~ 2 hours) the Swedish girl, Isabel, Eva and I went to get some ice cream. (Yes, it's February but it's always a good time for ice cream). On our way back to the meeting point we met a friend of Isabel and some other guys and just decided to go and have dinner together, albap. It was really nice and reminded me so much of the times back in Fukuoka were I went out to eat with a group of international students near Tenjin. I literally realized how much I missed these times and now it seems like I can get them back up to some point. And it feels simply great.
We also went to the party together, a group of 8 people in total, and actually I've been only following them because they knew the way.

Just to summarize everything. Dancing, party, alcohol. I wasn't completely drunk but oh well - drunk enough to do stupid things (that were in fact not too bad but I really feel bad about it.)

Went to sleep around 1AM and I was dead.. but had to get up at 8.15 on Friday as well.. because of Course Registration!
Yay for Ewha not opening the higher level courses and yay for the politics course that was literally full. But that's okay, I mean there's still the drag-and-drop period and if I really can't get into the courses my home university cannot do anything about it.

Ironically, I went back to sleep after the registration and managed to get up at 2PM and actually went out to a convenience store to get some food and some coke but because I was tired this is or most likely was a lazy Friday and I'm gonna take a shower and probably watch TV or study a little later.
I know that I still need to get a prepaid sim card but I will get some help I think.


See you again soon!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen